Become a Mentor
– Be at least 18 years old
– Complete all steps to become a mentor and clean background check
– Commit to spending at least 8 hours/month (approx. 2 hrs/week) for at least one year with mentee.
– Agree to Kaleidoscope Ministries Statement of Faith, and currently seeking and growing in their relationship with Jesus. To conduct oneself in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ (Philippians 1:27)
– Attend annual mentor training
Steps to become a mentor
– Initial orientation meeting with Kaleidoscope staff member
– Complete Volunteer application, Background check, and Child Safety Training online.
– Interview with Kaleidoscope Staff to learn more about mentoring, review policies, and learn about specific Mentee matched with Mentor.
– Meet Mentee and their family!
After you are matched with your mentee and begin mentoring, the Mentor Director will be in frequent communication with you to encourage, equip, and assist you in this new relationship.
Screening process: Applicants interested in mentoring must have a clean criminal background check and complete the interview process. Applicants are also reviewed on their previous experience and commitments in volunteering, their expressed reasons for wanting to mentor, and their overall display of passion, authenticity, and desire to be challenged and transformed through the mentoring relationship. Applicants who do not seem fit for mentoring are not matched with a student.
Call (432) 296-3220 or email email@example.com if interested in mentoring!